As a charity with a Christian ethos, we believe prayer is vital. However, praying for sex workers isn’t usually something that we get taught in Sunday school or in church. It’s so important that we do pray for sex workers as well.
We work at Rahab to support clients who are sexually exploited. These individuals often have severe and multiple disadvantages; including abuse, poverty, and addiction, all of which can all contribute to our clients feeling trapped in a cycle.
“He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind, to set free those who are oppressed” – Luke 4:18
This captivity our clients can feel is something we believe Jesus came to break them free from.
- The women, men and children who are being sexually exploited
- The victims of sexual exploitation to encounter God
- Law enforcement to gain a greater understanding for the victims of sexual exploitation
- Rahab staff and volunteers (and those at other NGOs!) to steward their time, energy, and resources for the best of their clients
- Legislation to be passed that will ensure the safety and advocacy for the victims of sexual exploitation
- Reduction of demand for those who pay for sex
- Funds to enable Rahab to continue to support their clients
Click Here to find out more about getting involved with and praying for Rahab!