Rahab is a local, Reading based, Charity project that serves women who are sexually exploited in:
Off-street (brothels, massage parlours, escorts and those providing services from their own home),
Working in the commercial sex industry,
Manipulation or coercion into sexual activity of any kind for another persons gain.
We do this by:
- Advocating on behalf of individuals at other service meetings (e.g. probation, drugs & alcohol), appointments and court appearances
- Completing forms e.g. benefits, housing
- Prison and hospital visits
- Collecting individuals on release from prison, assisting in their integration back into the Community
- Our Night Outreach program enables us to:
- Be a presence on the streets of Reading
- Promote sexual health and well-being
- Identify issues individuals are facing and need assistance with.